Feed on
Posts
Comments

Thanks to Sergio for finding a bug in the carousel where a certain sequence of clicks resulted in the play button being disabled, I’m happy to release version 2.0.2 which corrects the issue. Click here for the latest version or see our jQuery plugins page.

17 Responses to “jQuery Infinite Carousel Updated (2.0.2)”

1. Peter says:

Thank you for this awesome jQuery plug-in!

Today I just finished my own work using this to make the results of a Featured News box dynamically driven by custom BBcode queried off of posts from a PhpBB forum. I figure you like seeing your code work alongside other code, so I’m replying here. :) My website is an video gaming clan. See it here: http://www.sykokillers.com

2. Matias says:

I agree… this plugin is awesome!!

3. Matt says:

404 on the updated link

4. Stephan says:

Hi Matt!
    Thanks for this new release.
    Did you have the chance to see the problem described here (http://www.catchmyfame.com/2010/04/07/infinite-carousel-2-updated/comment-page-1/#comment-6249) ?

Stephan

5. Gary says:

Absolutely LOVE the Carousel! Was searching the site to donate a few bucks … but I don’t see any donation links!

1 Quick question: How can I place a background image that will stay fixed, while the carousel does it’s thing? (example: Picture Frame)

Thanks Again for such a wonderful program!

6. Gary says:

I’ve managed to get the Background “photo Frame” on the page, but I can not line up the Carousel vertically.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I’ve tried changing the padding-top: 40; No luck.
    I’ve tried changing the margin-top: 40; no luck either..
    ANY HELP Would be Deeply Appreciated.

#carousel {

padding: 6px;
    -moz-border-radius: 6px 6px 0 0;
    -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 6px;
    -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 6px;
    }

7. Gary says:

Ok, I located the problem… I hope this helps anyone else who may encounter the same.

I wanted a background image (picture frame) to reside behind the Carousel. I could not get the carousel to drop into the center of the background frame… I tried margin changes and padding changes but nothing seemed to work properly.

The trick is in the Border..
    resize your border to “Shove the Carousel” into the center of your background. Be sure to make your border transparent. such as:
    border: 28px solid transparent;

Thanks again for such a terrific Application!

8. Frank says:

The plugin is great and I have found plenty of use for it. However, I was wondering… is there any reason that setting up an image map and links on images in a carousel would have problems? It seems like some of my images maps work, and some don’t. Any idea why this could be?

Thanks,
    Frank

• admin says:

To be honest I’m not sure why this would work at all out of the box. The plugin takes the images and builds arrays with them and doesn’t look for or use any image map data. I suppose the plugin could be extended to use that data but I don’t see any particular reason why it should work the way the plugin is coded now.

• Frank says:

Huh, I just figured it was coded to grab whatever was inside the li tag and run with it. I could very easily move the map tags and place them outside the ul tag and see if it all starts working. I’ll let you know, you may have a new feature you didn’t know you included. :)

• Frank says:

To my surprise, the location of the map tags didn’t matter – they didn’t work no matter where they went. Since I’m able, I just wrapped the images in anchor tags instead.

9. Marcelo says:

How can I set a different color to number’s thumbnalis to indicate when it’s image is show? Thanks!

10. Philip says:

I’d love to see an option to do the carousel top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top. In particular I’m looking for a way to do 2/3 images in the sidebar of a page. I’ve got a solution in some code I put together on my own, but I’m going to be using your carousel for some other stuff on the same page and I’d like to just be able to use a single plugin for all of them instead of having to worry about two different sets of code.

11. Carsten says:

Thank you for a fantastic plugin!
    I have a problem with the textholder. I can’t get it to disappear completely, you can always see 2-3px under the progress bar? Any idea what 2 do?

Here is a link were you can see the problem: http://www.cso.dk/00728/
    Hope anyone can help?

12. Carsten says:

Found the answer: padding: 0px 6px 0 6px

But still having problems with the pictures “jumping” on “reload” ?

13. parth patel says:

very very useful this plug in…thanks man for your help….